Djokovic Upset



Australian Open champion and world No. 3 Novak Djokovic lost in straight sets to Latvian Ernests Gulbis at the Brisbane International yesterday. The talented, feisty Latvian started the match on edge, but got out of his own way and hit Djoke off the court 6-4, 6-4.

“I was trying to keep my focus to the next point,” said Gulbis after the match. “Not [thinking] about winning or losing because last season I lost a lot of matches because I was up, maybe a break up in the third set and I had match points and I started thinking about winning the matches. This time I was really focused till the last game on my serve.”

It's nice when the youngsters learn their lessons. Djoke, sporting a new hairdo that left me wondering what on earth he was thinking, seemed unfazed by the whole thing.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Mario Ancic, and Kei Nishikori also advanced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog