Quote For The Day II

"I would disagree with it for ‑‑ if it's for ‑‑ let me preface this so no one twists it. Everything Novak did today was well within his rights and the rules. It's simply about my opinion of a rule.

"I don't think you should be able to ‑‑ if you want to get something on a switchover for cramping, I think that would be okay. Actually, one of the trainers came and talked to me afterwards, and he said his idea, but you have to get it put through a council, is if you're going to take that for cramping, an extended break, make it a rule that you have to do it before your own serve. I thought that was a pretty well‑thought‑out idea.

"But as for physical condition, it's very easy to say, you know, it's one injury, but you can get rubbed for a cramp ‑‑ I looked over and I was confused, because I thought it was one injury per timeout, and I saw a calf, a neck, and an arm. But I guess cramping is one condition.

"There's obviously some wiggle room, a little bit of gray area there. Hopefully we'll be able to do something about it. I think the one that you have to take it before your own serve, and if you don't want to do that then you concede the game until it is your serve, I think that's a good idea."

--Andy Roddick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog