Roland Garros 2009 Day 10 Open Thread

Spectators perform the wave as they watch Gael Monfils of France play against Andy Roddick of the U.S. at the French Open tennis tournament at Roland Garros in Paris June 1, 2009.
Reuters

The quarterfinals begin for one of the most ridiculous French Open's I've witnessed. MadProfessah previews the men's and women's matches and makes his predictions.

J thinks I seem to have a gift for prediction. Nah. I just get lucky sometimes. Mad likely has a far better record than I have at this stage of the game, but I'm going to say Soderling, Gonzalez, del Potro and Monfils make it through. I know, I know. It's not likely the Big Four will all be gone by the final four (I picked Federer at the outset) but if it's going to happen, it's going to happen right here.

For the women, I'm going with Safina, Sharapova, Stosur, and Kuznetsova. I'm doing this purposely to jinx these women. I'm so damn cruel. Seriously, though, three of them were in my mind from the beginning, so I'll stick with them. But Azarenka beating Safina would be no upset as far as I'm concerned, and I'd love to see Mad be right about youth being served. I love Cirstea already.

Tuesday Order Of Play

Court Philippe Chatrier 14:00

1. Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Dinara Safina (RUS)[1] v. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[9]
2. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Andy Murray (GBR)[3] v. Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)[12]
3. Mixed Doubles
Nathalie Dechy (FRA) v. Nadia Petrova (RUS)[4]
Andy Ram (ISR) Max Mirnyi (BLR)[4]

Court Suzanne Lenglen 14:00

1. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Robin Soderling (SWE)[23] v. Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)[10]
2. Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)[20] v. Maria Sharapova (RUS)
3. Women's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE)[9] v. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)
Shuai Peng (CHN)[9] Urszula Radwanska (POL)

Court 1 11:00

1. Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Daniel Nestor (CAN)[1] v. Igor Kunitsyn (RUS)
Nenad Zimonjic (SRB)[1] Dmitry Tursunov (RUS)
2. Women's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Cara Black (ZIM)[1] v. Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA)[10]
Liezel Huber (USA)[1] Nadia Petrova (RUS)[10]
3. Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Marc Lopez (ESP) v. Bob Bryan (USA)[2]
Tommy Robredo (ESP) Mike Bryan (USA)[2]
4. Mixed Doubles
T.B.D. v. Alisa Kleybanova (RUS)
Bruno Soares (BRA)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog