Day 13: Epics

Instant Classics. Take your pick. I pick both. I can't remember the last time two semifnals at a Slam went five sets. But the instant classic epics today delivered high drama and exquisite tennis.

I'm tired as a mule and have guests so I can't write much. But Juan Martín del Potro was no doormat and Roger Federer was as fast on his feet as he's ever been. He simply refused to lose again. Five Slam finals in a row. What slump?

3-6, 7-6(2), 2-6, 6-1, 6-4.

The instant classic epic of the day, though, was the first one. Robin Söderling is in the final after recovering from a walkabout that lost him two sets after winning the first two against Fernando Gonzalez. He was down 4-1 in the final set.

6-3, 7-5, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4

Told y'all not to underestimate him.

I can't wait till the final.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog