Maid Marion Makes Mark in Monterrey


Rafael Vélez

Marion Bartoli wins her first title in three years in Mexico with a straight set victory of Li Na.

"I feel really good about how I played the whole week," Bartoli said. "I had some tough matches, not just today but also in the semifinals. They were both two sets but tough. I hit some great shots at the right moment. I'm happy about my level."

Bartoli came away with her fourth career singles title on the Tour, having won in Auckland, Tokyo and Québec City in 2006. She had done a lot since then, like reaching her first Grand Slam final and making it into the Top 10, but no titles.

"My first three titles came in 2006 when I was younger and not really expecting to win. So it's understandable why those ones were more emotional. But it's always nice to win titles, and this is a great one. Now I'm hoping to start winning bigger tournaments, and I hope I can keep playing like this in Indian Wells and Miami.


I hope she can win a big tournament as well. I enjoy her game, her fight, and her unpredictable ability to stun those who underestimate her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog