Tursunov and Kohlschreiber Win Down Under


(AFP/Getty Images)

Dmitry Tursunov, Medibank International Champion
“I'm not really surprised that there were no breaks, because that's kind of his game. He goes for a lot of risky shots on the groundstroke on the returns, and he knows that he's not going to get broken too often. That's pretty much the scenario. That was very expected.

“This week is, I think a result of work that I've been putting in on getting everything together. What I've been doing really well is preparing for my matches and going out with a certain plan of what I want to achieve or what I want to do on the court. I think that is been helping me to do well, so I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to do that as well in Melbourne.”

Philipp Kohlschreiber, Heineken Open Champion
"The match was tight but I was looser than I was in previous matches. It's a good feeling when you have to fight hard for the title.

"It's nice to be on the Tour collecting titles and I hope to take the confidence into Melbourne. I hope I can play the same type of tennis there."

Philipp is the first German to win the title in Auckland.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog