Volandri Vindicated

This is great news. I was never a fan of the witch hunt of Argentinean and Italian players for doping, but Filippo Volandri's case took the cake.

“The nightmare is over,” Volandri said. “CAS recognized my good faith. I used the drug only for therapeutic needs and the ban was excessive.”

Volandri claimed he had a severe asthma attack the night before his match in Indian Wells and was forced to take more of the drug, salbutamol, than the allowed amount.

“Finally I can start playing again,” he said. “I didn’t skip one day of training.”

CAS made the ruling last week but did not announce its decision. Details will be released sometime in the next few weeks.

Volandri indicated he will sue the ITF.

“Someone made a mistake and will pay for it,” he said.

Go get 'em, Pippo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog