Still Breathing

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 22:  Nadia Petrova of Russia celebrates after winning her third round match against Kim Clijsters of Belgium during day five of the 2010 Australian Open at Melbourne Park on January 22, 2010 in Melbourne, Australia.
Getty

So, I had an asthma attack last night. Took care of that. Went to bed about 1:00 AM. Slept like a baby. Sleep deprived, slept for loooooooong time.

So, I wake up around noonish and turn on the television. Nadia Petrova is raising her hands in the air.

I scream What??????!!!! so loudly, my lungs almost seize up again.

And then the score flashes. 6-0, 6-1.

Holy shit. 50 minutes? You have got to be kidding me.

Kim Clijsters, dejected, barely waves as she walks off the court. Guess that 8-game collapse in the Brisbane final was an omen.

Have mercy. Still breathing.

Can't wait to hear the commentary for this one.

Can't wait to see all the matches I missed last night.

Nadia Petrova?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog