Dokic Has Mono



Tennis Australia confirms:

A mystery ailment that has plagued Jelena Dokic since the end of the French Open has been diagnosed as mononucleosis.

The Australian had blood tests after her Wimbledon loss and the results came back earlier this week. Doctors have told her to do nothing but rest for at least a fortnight.

“I am disappointed to have to pull out of a couple of events but I am also relieved to finally know what was wrong,” Dokic said today.

“It has been so frustrating since the French. My natural work ethic is to get on court and train hard with intensity. I just haven’t been able to do that, and until now, I didn’t know why.

“This only makes me more determined to get everything right and work even harder as soon as I can get back on court, which will hopefully be in time for a good solid hard court lead up to the US Open,” she said.

The world number 76 is hopeful of a return to competition as soon as possible.

What is it with tennis players and mono?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog