Portland Arrival



Portland is wet. The clouds hang down over the city just as they do in the Netherlands. And it's still beautiful. I'm oh, so happy to be here.

Our flight from Newark to Portland was full of travelers attending the Davis Cup final. You'd have thought it was a charter plane. Folks were talking in the aisles about the USA's chances. Some were speculating that Andy Roddick and Mike Bryan are still injured, others that they're healthy and ready to go.

Apparently, Continental Airlines is a USTA airline, so it wasn't a big surprise that so many DC attendees were on board.

Tennis Channel's Katrina Adams was on our flight. Yep. That's us pictured above right after we got off the plane. No comments from the peanut gallery about how weary I look. I slept for most of the six-hour flight. I was weary.

I still am. On that note, I'm signing off till tomorrow. The tie begins with Roddick versus Dmitry Tursunov, which could be the key match of the weekend. Right out of the gate.

Let the games begin.

Go USA!!!



P.S. We hung out most of the afternoon/evening at a smoky sports bar (I thought Oregon would have banned smoking in bars by now!) watching the Cowboys beat the Packers as mmmm8 from TAT used my laptop to post her photos and summary from today's draw ceremony. Check it out here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog