Dokic Wins First Title In Nine Years

Jelena Dokic of Australia poses with her trophy after defeating  Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic during their final match at the WTA  Malaysian Open tennis tournament in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Sunday,  March 6, 2011.
AP

Unseeded Jelena Dokic of Australia poses with her trophy after defeating No. 5 seed Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic 2-6, 7-6(9) 6-4 in the championship match at the WTA Malaysian Open tennis tournament in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Sunday, March 6, 2011. Dokic saved two match points

"Lucie beat so many good players to reach the final this week. I don't know how I came back against her today," Dokic said after the match. "This is my second time in Malaysia - I was here 10 years ago for the first time so it has been a while. But I've been here nearly two weeks this time and it has been fantastic.

"I don't know where I pulled it out from today but I did. I even surprised myself... and when you start winning matches and titles, your appetite only gets bigger."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog