Whatever

That's how I'm feeling right about now.

After a rough few days on the farm, I can't be upset with Serena Williams phoning in a loss to Sybille Bammer yesterday in Cincy; excited about Andy Roddick defeating Novak Djokovic in straights to advance to yet another semifinal this year; moved by Kim Clijsters' comeback or loss to the world No. 1 today; exhilarated that Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beat Roger Federer after being down 1-5 in the final set and failing to convert a string of match points in the routine part of the set.

It's simply all background music.

Right now, Juan Martín del Potro is playing Rafael Nadal in the final quarterfinal in Montreal and I really can't bring myself to pay much attention to it.

What on earth is happening to me?

I adore this sport, yet I don't feel compelled to watch much of its action of late.

Farm (and all the beauty and heartbreak it attends) or no farm, this year's tennis season feels abnormally long and the US Open isn't even upon us.

What's a tennis fanatic to do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog