Quote For The Day

“I felt like I had to talk about [Shahar Pe'er]. I thought it was brave of her to come here and try and play despite knowing that it is not going to be easy for her. My dad grew up in an area where if you spoke too much, it was your life. So I felt I had a small opportunity to say something where everyone will listen. I am not here to rock any boat or upset people, I am just here to do things that are right. And I think right things are already happening next week and right things will happen next year. Obviously, Andy Ram got his visa, so I’ll be happy to come and defend next year. If everyone is not given the equal opportunity to play, I’d rethink. But I love this tournament. They really care about the players.”--Venus Williams

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog