The Sony Ericsson Open



It started today and I barely noticed. I know I'm knee-deep in politics and all that, but this is the Fifth Slam, and this is my tennis blog.

Woah.

Am I losing interest in the sport I so love? Am I slacking? I can't say that I know the answer.

I just peeped at the draws. Meh. Andy Roddick is again, as in Indian Wells, in Roger Federer's quarter. Will either of them be dismissed before that matchup this time? Novak Djokovic is on Rafael Nadal's side of the draw again, and Rafa may have to play his mentor Carlos Moya in an early round. That didn't bode well for Rafa two years ago at this event. And how is he feeling physically?

Serena Williams is in Justine Henin's quarter, so there will be no rematch of last year's stunning final. Will Serena break Justine's winning streak against her if they get there? Venus Williams is also in the top of the draw and if she can keep her serve together, she ought to make the semifinals. Unless Svetlana Kuznetsova continues her desert form. I haven't a clue who will make the finals from the bottom half of the women's draw. I can't bring myself to care either.

Maybe I'm upset because I thought I could go and see the event live but that it didn't work out. Maybe I'm just jaded because it looks as though the player I call the Serpent is actually going to ratify his stature as the Next Big Thing and ascend the throne.

At least it was good to see Gustavo Kuerten's name on the scoreboard. I already miss him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog