Federer Speaks About His Upset To Murray



Tough match, obviously. It was always going to be a tough draw. I knew that from the start. He’s played many matches already this season whereas obviously I come in a little bit cold.

“My expectations are not sky-high at this point. Obviously I haven’t played much so you don’t go in with any expectations, actually. You hope to get past the first round, no matter if it’s a guy with no ranking or a guy ranked basically in the top 10.

“Of course I wish I would have maybe had a little bit easier draw, but under the circumstances I felt I played okay. It wasn’t a bad match, which is the only positive thing out of tonight.

“I definitely could have played much better tennis, but then again you’ve got to give credit to the guy who beat you and came up with the shots. I played some awful forehands many times. I think that really had something to do with being a bit rusty. That happens and I usually come through those matches, but not tonight.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog