Roger Federer Visits Ethiopia







For Federer, this week’s visit to Ethiopia was one that moved him to tears. “When I arrived at the school and all of the children were singing, it was very emotional,” Federer told Reuters. “They sang, `Roger, our Father’ to me. I didn’t really understand it at the beginning but I still had tears in my eyes.” Federer was taking some time out to visit Ethiopia – one of the countries his charitable organisation works in. The Roger Federer Foundation, founded in 2003, spends $1 million a year on education in Ethiopia, South Africa, Tanzania, Mali, Malawi and Zimbabwe.

Mother’s inspiration: “My Mum being from South Africa is obviously the inspiration behind the foundation,” Federer said, as local kids screamed `Number one!’ behind him. Eating a lunch of traditional injera – a sort of spongy pancake – with the students at one of two schools he pays for in the country, Federer was peppered with questions. Most of the children wanted to know if he had any of his own.


Roger Federer Ethiopia2 PHOTOS: ROGER FEDERER VISITS ETHIOPIA *UPDATED*



(Thanks, rabbit)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog