Day 6: Sisters, Sledged



I know, I know. Tacky title. But when I got the news that both Serena and Venus lost today, that's the first thing that popped into my head.

It wasn't a shock. Really. I said in my preview that Katarina Srebotnik gives Serena fits on clay. And there's a shady undercurrent to their on-court relationship that I noticed in Charleston. If a player can get into Serena's head, strange things can happen. And Flavia Pennetta beat Venus in straight sets the last time they played. On a hardcourt. So...

Tough draws.

I didn't get to see much tennis today. Won't see any tomorrow either. It's the Maine Democratic Convention weekend and I'm a delegate, so I'm knee deep in our democracy.

For those who have seen the matches and want to provide your takes, please share in the comments.

I should be back Sunday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog