Madrid Semifinals Preview

MADRID, SPAIN - MAY 06:  Victoria Azarenka of Belarus celebrates  match point over Lucie Safarova of Czech Republic during day seven of  the Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open Tennis on May 6, 2011 in Madrid, Spain.
Getty

Victoria Azarenka of Belarus celebrates match point over Lucie Safarova of Czech Republic during day seven of the Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open Tennis on May 6, 2011 in Madrid, Spain.

::

I offer up this drive by before heading out to the field.

Today, we've got a maturing Vika against a red-hot Julia Goerges, who disposed again of the computer's world No. 1 in three sets en route to this semifinal. I'm calling this a toss up, though a Goerges win would be the most exciting. Then we've got a bouncing-back Li Na facing off against a bouncing-back Petra Kvitova. Both these women have struggled since Melbourne, with the younger getting some of her fire back with Fed Cup victories. Both my head and my heart say Petra. I hope her head and heart say the same.

For the men, Rafael Nadal will do what he almost always does to Roger Federer. If it goes three sets, I'll be shocked. And Novak Djokovic should have his way with surprise semifinalist Thomaz "I Can Beat Anybody" Bellucci.

What say you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog