Checking In

It's pouring rain. Has been all day. Figured I'd cozy up to the television and finally take in some tennis. Watch a full match, even. Missed 99% of the USA vs. Russia Fed Cup tie. Haven't even checked to see who advanced. I suspect Russia. When are the women going to learn how to hold serve?

Since my favorite clay court tournament began, I've seen about 10 total games. Here and there. Saw Juan Carlos Ferrero thoroughly outhit by a player I don't believe I've ever heard of. Ferrero isn't getting any younger. Played too much tennis in South America. Gotta make hay while the sun shines, no? Saw Roger Federer completely disappear in the last stretch of his match. As though he, like me, had something else to do.

Clay is funny that way.

Maine clay is even funnier. This farmer is right out straight and I'm not even done with spring planting. Couldn't even keep my eyes open in front of the television. Probably shouldn't have taken on the other thing I've taken on that I've yet to talk at all about in these parts. We'll get to that some other time.

Meantime, enjoy what appears to be a rather listless event. Says the one who's watched a mere 10 games.

Where the hell is Andy Roddick?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Harrietcabelly Blog